Header part 2

making people healthy one person at a time

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spicy Vegan Pesto

This is my favorite pesto recipe. I like it hot! You can omit the cayenne or take it down a notch. You can also sub black olive for the green. I use dried sun dried tomatoes because the jarred sun dried tomatoes have citric acid derived from corn. You just boil them in water and let them soak for about 30 minutes. I use Divina olives because they are dairy, corn, and gluten-free. I did contact the company. The safe olives that I asked about were sweet pepper stuffed green olives, jalapeno stuffed olives, pitted kalamata. Their capers are safe too.
                                              
                 Spicy Vegan Pesto

2 bunches sweet basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
5 cloves garlic
3 sundried tomatoes
1 teaspoon cayenne
5 or more green olives
1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil

Process in a food processor. Will keep for 3 days in the fridge. Also freezes very well, I freeze this by the tablespoon in a silicon ice tray. Then I pop them out and put the in a freezer safe container. I use this in pasta dishes and on pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites